If you want to know the answer of are there any metal inside a NFL football then will first have to dig out the layers and the preparation process of a football to understand it better.
Table of Contents
process of football preparation
The process of football preparation is very challenging and complex because the manufacturer has to ensure that each football contains the same quality, significance and performance and moreover the durability. So that when these Football be used in NFL football matches no team can get the advantage while the other team phase disadvantage because of the football quality and performance.
Before directly jump up to the preparation steps of a football, first of all will have to know the materials that to be used while its preparation.
football preparation materials
Traditionally in the preparation method and materials used in the preparation of football are slightly different as the main material being used was pig bladder. As it was easily available from any butcher shop. But the drawback of these footballs which prepared using pig bladder was, all the football were different in their performance and durability. But in NFL football matches the decision of winner was not used to be correct justifically.
But in Modern era cowhide is being used in the replacement of pig bladder so that each football should be same in size, performance, Bounce and durability. Now let’s come and check the materials to be used in football preparation;
- Rubber bladder
- Special stitches
- Hot wax concealer
Football preparation steps
- First of all the process of football preparation starts from cutting the cowhide bend the strongest hide part.
- After tanning this leather a die is used to cut it into four pieces of exactly same thickness and sizes.
- Now skywing machine is used to check the thickness and its measurement for quality and Standards.
- Once the quality check done 3 cloth layers then stitched to each part so that it do not get de-shaped while playing.
- Now a hole is punched to insert the needle to facilitate the air in the football.
- After completing all these steps now all the four panels get stitched and then it is get flipped to make sure the outer side turn out.
- At this point of time a rubber bladder get inserted to fill the air in and the needle hole is placed.
- The final touch of stitching is given by hot wax stitch machine so that it get durable and long lasting.
- The last step is quality check. After completing and finishing All the above steps then the final produced material that is football get to quality control team to check it’s size, measurement, bounce and its air holding capacity.
Boom! Your football get prepared. Now let’s see Are there any metal inside a NFL football?
Also Read: Everything about 2022 Red bull F1 car
Are there any metal inside a NFL football?
There are certain football known to be heavy metal football, the word introduced by Jurgen Klopp (FC Manager, Liverpool). Actually the term heavy metal football is used for heavy compression pressing, too much hard work and quick passing. Playing football so aggressively, fast and in attacking manner.
The sooner player mis the chance to grab the football the sooner offenders will grab it. The game is so quick and fast therefore each team player want to win the football. All these are called heavy metal inside a NFL football and Jurgen Klopp love heavy metal in NFL as per his statement.
Q: Is the NFL football real leather?
A: NFL footballs consist of cowhide nowadays and previously pig bladder used to use.
Q: Where is every NFL football made?
A: Officially NFL football made in Horveen leather in Chicago.
Q: How long does it take to make a football?
A: Almost 3 days.
Q: Football is made of which animal skin?
A: As of today cowhide is used to prepare football whereas previously pig bladder was used to be use in the preparation of a football.