Street Fighter 6 is now ready to roll and here is a guide on how to play Street Fighter 6 closed beta, beta and the demo. All you need to know about it is here.
Street Fighter is a series of gameplay that so popular and beloved to those who love to explore new world with enormous fighting experience. It remained hit till it’s 5 series and so the expectations with this 6th series too.
It is going to release on June 2, 2023 on PS4, PS5, Xbox series X/S and steam. There are some basic guidelines to play Street Fighter 6 which we are going to provide along with some Shortkeys and special tips to make you expert prior to play.
Table of Contents
how to play street fighter 6 guide
Basic Controls (Shortkeys)
There are some basic control Shortkeys used in the game to move. After exploring them find out additional moves that can be used for expert gameplay just below. The basic controls for Street Fighter 6 are as follows:
- Punch: Press the X button on the controller.
- Kick: Press the Y button on the controller.
- Special Move: Press X or Y and then a direction on the d-pad.
- Super Move: Press R1 or R2 and then a direction on the d-pad.
- V-Skill: Press L1 or L2.
- V-Trigger: Press R1 or R2 while in V-Skill.
- Critical Art: Press L1 or L2 while in V-Trigger.
Street Fighter 6 Defense
Combos are a series of attacks that are performed one after the other without interruption. To perform a combo, you will need to start with a light attack, followed by a medium attack, and then a heavy attack. You can also add in special moves and super moves to your combos.
Blocking is an important defensive technique that can help you avoid damage from your opponent’s attacks. To block, simply hold down the back button on the controller. You can also block high or low by holding down the up or down button, respectively. For blocking the attack hold MP+MK keys. It will help you to block the attack and prevent damage.
Throws are a great way to get in close to your opponent and start a combo. To perform a throw, simply press the forward and punch buttons at the same time. For a tech throw press LP+LK keys shortly. This tech throw technique helps you to push your opponent away.
Street Fighter 6 – Announce Trailer
Street Fighter 6 Offense
Special moves are powerful attacks that can be used to damage your opponent or escape from danger. Each character has a unique set of special moves that you can learn and use. Some of the characters perform faster where as others are slower. In this way special moves get affected. For a powerful and strengthen special move press two moves button simultaneously.
Super moves are even more powerful than special moves, but they require more meter to use. Super moves can be used to finish off your opponent or turn the tide of a battle. To perform super movie you need to spend 2 Drive Gauge.
Opponents can be thrown by pressing LP+LK at the nearer range, or they can be thrown backward by pressing 4+LP+LK. Throws are universally 5f startup and 3f active, with a total whiff animation of 30f.
Remember that as in Beta 2 version, all characters have different identical throw ranges from each other.
You can use a counterhit (CH) against your defender. It can be triggered when you strike at your opponent at the time of its startup or active frames. You can see a yellow “Counter Hit” icon that will appear on either the P1 or P2 side at your screen, the position of it defines who is using the counterhit. Counterhits deliver an additional 20% damage.
A Punish Counter (PC) can be performed when you strike at your opponent at the time when they are in a recovery frame. When you use “Punish Counter” it will appear on your screen. Punish Counters used to add +4 to the frame advantage of the move, it deals with 20% more damage.
V-Skills are special moves that can be used to give you an advantage in battle. Each character has two V-Skills that you can choose from.
V-Triggers are powerful abilities that can be used to turn the tide of a battle. Each character has one V-Trigger that you can use.
Tips To Play Street Fighter 6
Here we have given some important tips to help you improve your Street Fighter 6 skills and position at the top in the in-game competition:
- Practice combos: The more you practice, the better you will become at performing combos.
- Learn your character’s moves: You’ll have to give some time to understand all of your character’s, their moves, their ability and to understand either they better perform in defense or in offense.
- Block effectively: Blocking is an important defensive technique that can help you to prevent the damages and avoid harm.
- Use throws: You should use some throws get in close to your opponent and fight effectively to lead out maximum damage.
- Learn your opponent’s moves: Pay attention to your opponent’s moves and learn how to counter them.
- Don’t give up: Street Fighter 6 is a challenging game, but don’t give up if you lose. Keep practicing and you will eventually get better.
So here in this article we have covered all the topics that’ll help you to play Street Fighter 6 game as an expert. For more updated information and active promo codes with how to guide visit at Wiki Gyan.
Disclaimer: Images, videos and information are taken from StreetFighter6.