Online gaming is a good thing but having some negative effects as well if done in an accessible way especially to students.
Here we are going to share 10 major negative aspects of online gaming that put very negative impact on students. After discussing it, we will also know how to overcome this situation easily. Let’s first discuss about the negative impacts:
Negative Effects of Online Games to Students
Lack Of Motivation
Students will feel lack of motivation to do any other work except online gaming as they’ll become habitual to it. If you ask them to do some work they will not going to do that work enthusiastically rather un-heartedly.
Being Seated for a long time and giving full concentration to their game, students forget about the time since how long they are still and drinking water too, which lead them to severe dehydration.
Due to less physical activities and eating while sitting on the gaming chair… does not allow to increase the metabolism of the body. In the lack of body’s metabolic rate the fat starts accumulating in the body and leads to obesity
Students can also undergo the stress and depression if they have faced any sort of cyberbullying. As being online to play the game it is very much obvious that they can be affected by it through any online friends or a stranger.
Hypertension is a common outcome of too much of online gaming in students as they do not stay connected with their classmates and their studies. It mainly can be seen during their exam time. As they wouldn’t have completed their course most probably and now creating the trigger to hypertension to face the examination.
Students will keen to connect with their online community only as they all are of equal mindset and it it the human’ psychological tendency to attract towards similar minded and interests people. Thus the student also does so which ultimately lead to their social disconnection.
It is the common human tendency that they want to stay in their own comfort zone thus online gamers (students) too. For being habitual to be seated for long hours they don’t want to move however you can say that they don’t want to disconnect their co-gamer and they become lazy.
Exposure to the Screen
Redness can be seen in the eyes due to the side-effects of looking at the screen for a long time. Sometimes situation get worse like water starts running out from the eyes or more severe in some cases.
If a person stay isolated from the real world and stay connected with virtual world then he becomes habitual of it and don’t want to go far from the thing he loves. This situation creates problem and Triggers conflict from his real world friends, classmates, siblings and even from entire family.
Once a student get online games in the habit then he doesn’t care about the day or night. This is the reason why they have poor sleep as they get usual to stay awaken till very late night and don’t get up early in the morning and their normal routine gets disturbed.
Now the Question arises here how to overcome with this situation? Well, we are here with the answer below:
How To Overcome With Online Gaming Negative Effects in Students
Following are some useful tips that anyone can apply to help to overcome a student from this situation, as per the National Institute of Mental Research.
- Talk to that student and try to convey your concerns to convince to not go to it for a long time.
- If he doesn’t get agree then you’ll have to be strict and set the time to be online for gaming.
- If above technique don’t work then you should limit your internet connection or its access by changing the password and keep it secret with you.
- Now try to take him out somewhere and do the things that he likes as to go for a picnic, to a restaurant or to some holy place and spend sometime there.
- Try to engage him with friends, relatives and family and let him feel their importance.
- Get that student to any sports or hobby class to make him physically active.
- By following above tricks you’ll be able to get overcome that student from online gaming. But you’ll have to be a bit strict.
- If anybody the above trick doesn’t work then you should go to consult any Psychologist for some counselling sessions.
Hope you this article will help you to get rid of the negative effects of online gaming on students or any other person.